The Old Bakery
Kettle Hill Road Divan Court
- Great place in a wonderful location. Made to feel very welcome by Olly and Catherine. Scones and eggs on arrival were greatly appreciated. Would recommend staying at The Old Bakery.
- Totally peaceful and home from home comforts
- I took a trip away to have some time to get through a back log of editing (I am a Photographer). The trip then turned into a restorative experience as well as a productive trip... the surroundings lent itself to daily yoga practice, enjoying long woods walks with my frenchie, lovely local pubs for a weekend of spooning myself. I was very sad to leave this morning. Catherine is such a lovely, chilled out lady, who embraced my stay and my pooch. She made the most gorgeous Flap Jacks and I requested another lot as I couldn't stop thinking about them and she made some more. Nothing was too much trouble. She also gave me my space and freedom to enjoy the cottage as it were my own. The vino was a nice touch too!! Thank you for making it such a lovely refreshing stay, I feel rejuvenated and also got a whole lot of work done!! I would recommend the Old Bakery, hands down!!
- Comfy bed ,wildlife around property an walks
- A very relaxing and comfortable cottage in an excellent location for Faversham/Whitstable area. An excellent little kitchen and good dining area where we entertained our son and his wife on one evening. A pleasant private garden area where one could sit/ eat in the evening - table / chairs etc.- weather dependant. Overall a perfect place.
- Clean and very well set up. Plenty of room to move around. And very comfortable with big settee and decent size table to eat at. Bed very comfortable and cosy.
- beautiful cottage in gorgeous surroundings
- Lovely property and a lovely family. Outstanding location with a super garden, chickens over the fence and a scone tea to greet you. Fully deserves 10/10.
- Friendly welcome from owners. Nice touch with fresh scones eggs and card.
- Very warm welcome from the owners; nice touch was fresh eggs from their chickens and some scones, jam and butter waiting for us when we arrived. The cottage is clean and well appointed with everything you need for a stay away from home. It is in a secluded area but within easy reach of many attractions in Kent, including the coast (perhaps a day out in France?). There is also a country pub within walking distance.
- Lovely welcome, including freshly laid eggs, homemade scones and jam. Very peaceful and beautiful location. Comfortable bed,great shower and gorgeous towels and bedding. Well equipped and very cosy, lovely private terrace. Great place we plan to return.
- The room is lovely. The kitchen is equipped with everything you could need and we even had some home made scones and milk, tea and coffee left for us. The location is great. I was visiting family in Faversham which was only a 10 minute drive away. It's nice and quiet at night and there are chickens in their coop outside to greet you in the morning.
- Everything was perfect right down to the scones, fresh farm eggs and posey of flowers that greeted us on arrival...and the lovely family who own the property!
- Our second visit. Throughly enjoyed our three day stay. Welcomed with delightful scones - much appreciated after our journey. Facilities excellent.
- This is cosy accommodation which is quiet and well equipped. The wood burner was ideal in the cold weather. Walking information provided was excellent. Local pub within easy walking distance.
- Quaint, quiet and totally blissful country living with the best modern-day amenities for a comfortable stay. Excellent water pressure in the shower, motion-sensor lighting and totally thoughtful touches to make one feel right at home!
- Everything was catered for - the kitchen, though fairly small had all the facilities you needed (we had no trouble cooking Christmas dinner). The DVD player, Netflix and other on demand apps were great when the weather was less than perfect. Underfloor heating and a lovely wetroom-style bathroom were nice touches. The hosts were very helpful leaving guides and leaflets for things to do, as well as some fizz, chocolates and a Christmas tree which was a lovely surprise! The place is cosy and comfortable and the garden is secure for dogs to run around. Would recommend!
- We liked the surroundings. And the bed had a good matras.
- Good local village pub. Quiet area. Nice walks with the dog from the door. Internet great.
- The property was very well planned and laid out especially for people with pets. Plenty of room, everything we needed in the cottage for a homely feel plus a large secure garden which was great for our dogs. We were welcomed by Christopher and his dogs when we arrived and Catherine came to see us before we left to check everything was OK and that we had enjoyed our stay which was a lovely touch.
- Self-catering, but wonderful location and facilities, charming hosts, and outstanding electrics all added up to an exceptional stay
- Comfortable flat . Nice welcome with home made scones and jam for tea! Good location for walking our dog around the local fields via the footpaths.
- A great place for a romantic weekend break. Hard to find but well worth the search. Very clean and comfy. We were made to feel very welcome by Catherine and family, can't wait until we can stay again.
- Comfy bed & pillows, nice sunny living space, good tips like pre-booking a table at the pub, quiet location, crisps & wine on arrival, owner showing us in because we arrived really late
- An absolutely lovely studio-type apartment, fully equipped and with as-new John Lewis linen and furnishing. There were chairs, settee, table, a luxurious new wet room and small, fully equipped kitchen with a coffee machine. Great shaded parking and a private garden to sit quietly.
Boughton Golf Club
Maidstone Services M20
Ashford Eurostar International
Medway Services M2
Sutton Valence Castle
Bearsted Golf Club
University of Kent
Tesco super market, - Faversham Supermarket
CO-OP supermarket - Lenham Supermarket
Faversham market Market
Carpenters Arms Pub Restaurant
London Southend Airport
London City Airport
London Gatwick Airport
Canterbury WestTrain Station
Canterbury East Train Station
Historic Chatham Dockyard
Chatham Train Station
Wingham Wildlife Park
The Old Bakery is located in Faversham, 11 mi from Canterbury. Free WiFi is offered and free private parking is available on site. The holiday home is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms include a seating area for your convenience. Enjoy a cup of tea from your terrace or patio. Rooms include a private bathroom. Faversham is less than 6.2 mi from The Old Bakery, while Hastings is 30 mi away. Gatwick Airport is 51 mi from the property.