56 Preston Street
- The accommodation was wonderful , the superb breakfast choices were far beyond what you might expect at a bed and breakfast. Claire and Simon are fantastic hosts and the many additional touches such as a glass of champagne on arrival made the weekend stay very special.
- Shepherd House is a lovely gem of a place stylishly decorated the room was lovely the bed comfortable and the bteakfast is sumblime freshly cooked and delicious Claire and the girls served us with a smile and made it a lovely stay
- Beautiful building, beautiful and comfortable rooms
- Everything was perfect... Claire made us feel at home and her breakfast was delicious 🌞
- Beautifully decorated room, the bed was super comfy and the breakfast was just delicious.
- It is an incredible house and the decor is spectacular. The hosts were fantastic, very friendly and welcoming. The homemade breakfasts were perfect and the attention to detail in the room was spot on. Overall, Shepherd House exceeded our expectations and we can't wait to come back again.
- Perfect location - moments from the station, less than 5 minutes walk to the town centre, and beautiful countryside within 15 minutes. We took the Saxon Walk all the way to Whitstable on a sunny Saturday which took just over 2 hours (with a pit stop at the Sportsman for a drink). Perfect to use as a base for exploring the surrounding area. Our large room was lovely - bright, airy and clean - though the open plan bathroom isn’t for everyone’s taste. Breakfast for me was the absolute highlight, served in the stunning living room. Simon and Clare were fantastic hosts (and chefs), checking in and giving recommendations for our whole weekend. We can’t wait to go back!
- Everything was perfect from start to finish, the hospitality of Claire and her team, the design and comfort of the public areas and bedroom and - our favourite part - the breakfast. Delicious ingredients, all locally sourced and cooked to perfection so that each day began perfectly.
- Clare was an amazing host, greeting us with a glass of champagne to recommending things for us to do. Breakfast was delicious! But the house itself was so beautiful and very well decorated.
- Staying at Shepherd house was more like finding a sanctuary than just staying in a boring old hotel room. I would have been happy to stay for days and not even bother to go out. If you need some time out from stress and the demands of the world, then this is your place.
- The homemade oats where delicious and really loved the coffee options!
- Great and very filling breakfasts, amazing room and lovely host who found us a place for our bikes - we had a great weekend in Faversham!
- Everything! The room, the hosts (thanks Claire and Husband), the breakfast, the location, the atmosphere just make this such a fantastic and unique place to stay.
- This beautiful Georgian property has the feel of a high-end luxury boutique hotel with the advantage of only accommodating three rooms at any one time giving you a huge amount of privacy. Our room was spacious and thoroughly relaxing with a roll top bath at the end of the bed. The owner Claire was so friendly, very attentive and the details from the welcome drink to the luxury full-size toiletries in the room to the superb breakfast was much appreciated.
- Delightful hospitality of Clare. Eclectic quirky decor in beautiful house Banana bread and breakfast Splendiferous huge slipper bath with a view
- Really thoughtful attention to detail throughout our stay. Fabulous breakfast and lovely relaxed, peaceful atmosphere.
- Absolutely beautiful property inside and out! Clare is a fantastic host and made us feel exceptionally welcome and comfortable. The room is so tastefully decorated and luxurious. We loved the open plan bathroom. Perhaps it's not to everyone's taste but we loved the quirkiness and unique feel it gave the room. Plus the bath is wonderfully relaxing! The breakfast was delicious, freshly cooked and had lots of choices. We cannot wait to come back and stay longer next time!!
- Beautiful small B&B with incredible decor throughout - I wish I had that eye for interior design! As others mention the bathroom in the room might take some getting used to, or not be appropriate for some - but luckily we've been together long enough for it not to be a problem! Wonderful staff and a lovely, lovely breakfast.
- Lovely owner and very attentive service - beautiful house, imaginatively decorated.
Boughton Golf Club
University of Kent
Canterbury WestTrain Station
The Marlowe Theatre
Canterbury East Train Station
London Southend Airport
London City Airport
London Gatwick Airport
Ashford Eurostar International
Wingham Wildlife Park
Historic Chatham Dockyard
Chatham Train Station
Sandwich Railway Station
One of our best sellers in Faversham! Shepherd House is a grand Georgian townhouse offering stylish accommodations in Faversham, and is a 2-minute walk from the train station. Each room is designed with comfort and relaxation in mind with super king sized beds, underfloor heating and generous private bathrooms with a bath. The large airy rooms all include either views of the garden or the town. There is a large lounge and dining room area for guests to enjoy, as well as a patio and large walled country garden. Faversham is 8.7 miles from Whitstable and less than 10 miles from Canterbury. Margate, Broadstairs, Deal and Folkestone, as well as London, are all easily accessible by rail or road.